tiistai 9. lokakuuta 2012

Michael Jackson - Welcome to my World

I had a slow morning at work so I walked to Finlayson to an exhibition about Michael Jackson. I wouldn't even have known about the exhibition, if I didn't looked Michael in the eye on an advert on a bus. I screamed with joy when I saw it. Weird? Maybe. But I like(d) him..


It was prohibited to take photos in the exhibition, so you won't be seeing any pictures taken by me in this post...sad, 'cause there was so much stuff I wanted to take photos of, now I just have to remember it....and maybe visit it once more....or twice...... ^_^


This exhibition is the first exhibition in a museum about Michael Jackson - Welcome to my World. It opened at TR1 on the 29.9.2012 and will be seen until 28.10.2012. Through photographs, video of a concert (Bucharest 1992) and items from the Neverland ranch it tells about the life of the King of Pop as a musician, and about his personal life as well. The earliest photos are from 1987 and the latest are from 2009 when he worked with This Is It-tour, just months before his death. And actually..one picture I saw..was taken on the same month when I accidentally saw him "in the flesh" in London in March of 2009..I felt overwhelmed. There is also four of his multi platinum awards to be seen...and WOW I say!!

After looking every single photo and after I wrote my hello on the MJ memoribilia wall I found THE thing I wasnt expecting to see, but that was the best thing in the whole exhibition.. Limited edition piece of the Michael Jacksons Ghosts. I remember when I was a little girl and it came from TV. I recorded it on a VHS and watched it over and over and over again. It still is my favourite from him. And now I have a mission. I NEED one for myself....on a DVD.

Last, but not least, I sat down and watched the concert from Bucharest...or not the whole concert, but few songs.. I sat alone in the dark room with his music blaring from the speakers...seeing how young girls passed out in the audience and how he enjoyed performing...I cried.

I truly recommend every MJ fan near Tampere to go and see the exhibition...You might even have company if you want... just let me know when you're going.. ;)

Opening hours:
Tu-Fri 9 am – 5 pm
Sat-Sun 11 am – 6 pm
Mon closed! Free Admission on Fridays!

Joined ticket to TR1 and Rupriikki 5 e
Students 1 e
Senior citizens 4 e

Where to go?
Väinö Linnan aukio 13,
Finlayson, Tampere


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti